Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What a cute visitor


Look who decided to romp through our back yard this afternoon. Our dog started barking and scared it up this tree right off our deck area and right next to our kids play structure. I'm guessing Mama bear wasn't far away and I don't have a zoom lens to get in closer. A couple of months ago our neighbors about a mile down the road said they had spotted 2 black bear cubs in their yard and also had seen a Lynx. I'm guessing this little guy/girl was *one* of those cubs. After it came down from the tree it ran back toward our little creek area and then I saw it run into the road. A car coming down the hill slowed for it and it ran back behind our dogs enclosure. We lost track of it a few minutes after that. I hope it stays off the road!

On Monday when I was running out back I thought of all the creatures lurking in the woods off the road and it gave me a shiver. Right after I had this thought a coyote ran right in front of me crossing the road. Let's hope the biggest animal I see in the future back there is a coyote.

1 comment:

Norm Deplume said...

eep.

Now I'm not so upset about having bats.