Sunday, August 31, 2008

Asthma Sucks Sweaty Balls

I'll be most likely flagged for another questionable blog title, but indeed asthma sucks balls, big hairy balls. Yes, Ma I know you read my blog and you will most likely send me the thesaurus giving me numerous other intellectually descriptive alternative for: big sweaty balls. I will graciously accept those words and remain firm in my alternative beliefs in speaking my mind.

On to the subject of asthma. My terrible allergies of August have decided to derail my attempts at my peak of fitness. My body is rebelling. How convenient. Along the lines of rebellion my "shin splint" problem appear to be more then ice will fix. After much reading I think I have the beginnings of "stress fracture" on my tibia's...yes both of them, but my left leg is ultimately demanding my full attention at the moment. They don't bother me on a ride. So let's not write that off. I'll take some run time off and see if I feel better. Oh I hate to actually admit this and write it out.

Back to my asthma while I'm in old lady break down mode. Something blooms up here in August that lays me out and I remember it happening last year. Only last year I didn't have such big goals for myself and it didn't leave me feeling so debilitated :(. I have to hit my inhaler 3 times a day. Geeezus. I did a couple rides this week and I was trying hard to ignore my wheezing, but on Saturday I gave up my dreams of climbing Larch mountain to help celebrate a lovely friends birthday with full SAG support mind you to do a local little ride around here because.i.couldn't. breath. :( On the one climb (a mere mile but a steep little 7% grade climb) my lungs seized...even though I made it to the top, I ABOUT PASSED OUT...for the 2nd time this week. AGAIN GEEZUS!

That is all. Bitch session over. That is what a blog can handle though. I like to complain, use excessive ellipses and whine and whine and whine. Now I can move on with next weeks goals.

No comments: