Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pent up energy to ride=Bake & Cook like a fool


I'm catching on to this lately. I can't ride today, but apparently I sure can cook/bake. I'm starting to realize how my obsessive nature can take over in their various and often displaced ways. It's been raining the past 2 days and since I'm a pretty fair weather rider and never slapped those fenders on my bike here I am blogging about cooking up a storm. This morning I've baked 2 dozen muffins (a batch of banana and a batch of peanut butter) both with secret ingredients (cauliflower puree and carrot puree respectively). Then I thought of trying my hand at Cottage cheese pancakes so Satori helped me slap those together. However, the coffee and ride with drawls are kicking in so strongly that I'm now making pizza dough for tonight's dinner "Brazilian Style Pizza" and a Greek "black bean" Salad to have around for snacking. Oooh and I get to eat it after my ride tomorrow yipppeee! I am also getting some great ideas off of this site that a food thoughtful friend linked me to last year Culinary Competitor. The Brazilian Style Pizza is featured on their site. I still have chicken to grill up too. Egads I'm a mess, but we're not starvin' up in the woods hood. Off to cook off some more of this energy...oooh or maybe I should clean my bike :D

3 comments:

George said...

OMG! I need to live near you. I can work up a serious appetite and come over and eat some freshly baked ________ every day!

Hey check this out-- I added an audio application to by blog so I can do race updates.

Jo said...

Oh that looks sooooooooooooooo yummy!!! The food I make never looks like that.

CraftyMama said...

George, You'll have to ride a thousand miles to enjoy the food of the day are you up for that challenge? :P Good luck tomorrow!

Jo,
That picture was borrowed from the culinary competitors site. I hope mine ends up looking so delicious. It's actually been moved to tomorrow's dinner plan :) and I'm flattered to be on your blogroll :D