Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jumble Jambles

I think Jumble Jambles means that I'm going to have a bit of what some may call a stream of consciousness. I have some verbal vomitus that needs a purge. Thank you ahead of time blog for listening.

Kombucha is dead and dumped due to furry growth. Sad news to me. However, there is hope. I found a scobi source and I'm going to try try again.

My running. After going to California and having my road trip extravaganza I was sure my "other goal" of running the Run Like Hell Half-Marathon would be nixed due to some very poor training. I however, am lately a girl of my word and after numerous attempts at trying to back out of the 1/2 and into the 10k I failed (at the back out). I ran the whole 1/2 marathon and more. I somehow managed to follow the 10kers through the finish line, but oopsie I had committed to running the half, so back out of the finish line I ran and back to the split. The girl at the split had inadvertently told me the WRONG WAY because the stupid number patches or whatever the hell they are called were so close in color (light orange 10k and one shade darker orange 1/2 marathoners) that I got to go through the finish line twice...um not so cool, but whatever. I'm not bitter I ran more that the 1/2 that day and 14+ miles are more than these little legs have trucked in a single shot evah! Okie dokie, done with the vent and on to the fun details.

I ran the first 6 miles with Saori my bff. She did so fantastic for not having trained at all. She was going great and at mile 5 she got reallllly quiet. I looked at her and thought she needed a talking to, so I joked with her a bit and tied to get her to laugh, but to no avail. She just shot me some really funny looks like: shuddupbitchi'mtryingtobreath...so I backed off, because I have totally been there and I was just proud of her for joining us this frigid morning. We're good and we joked about it later. I left her after the dirty looks and ran throught the finish line. Then back out of the finish line to the split I went :grumble grumble:. The next few miles went all up hill and it was nice. I don't mind running uphill, but by mile 9 I was starting to experience some knee pain which would stay with me for the next 5 miles and just get worse as I trotted back down hill for the last 4 miles. Ugh. I'll spare you all my complaints. It hurt, I didn't walk any of it and I made it back across the finish line to the cheers of my family and friends (Saori and her Mama) . The icing was that my oldest 2 kiddos ran through the finish line with me!! Fun stuff. I'm not a runner, but I did it and I need to thank Mara for holding me hostage to my commitment :) Thank you Mar!!
Heres my mug shot. It looks like my feet are barely leaving the pavement :P

Last news on the Jumble front...my bike is back on the road with me on it fo shizzle and I'm all decorated in soft merino wool :swoon:. My new affections lie in my comfort. Fo rizzle...out.

No comments: