Friday, June 01, 2007

Stupid Running Shorts

Note to self: Do not ever use the "pocket" option inside your running shorts to function responsibly.

Inside everybody's running shorts there is a sharp tooth snail and if your not careful he might bit off your nail...oops I went all Shel Silverstein.

Inside everybodys running shorts there is a pocket. You can pretty much assume it is for your one teeny tiny but nonetheless VERY IMPORTANT ITEM: the key to your car. Let me save you the trouble...it is a faux pocket. Very similar to the useless shallow pockets they put on your toddlers overalls or your maternity clothes (if you are lucky). As I was 1 mile into my shorty 2 mile run today I had this panic of OMG where is my car key?! I look down my new spiffy (yes ppl still say spiffy) running shorts and have the moment of horror where I think I lost said key. I go on to curse the faux pocket and open my shorts up further because I remember the panty insert option. Thank the running god ::banging head:: what is his winged helmet head name anyhow? Again, I digress. I found the key the blessed key to my vehicle that will get me up the blasted hill to my house, but OUCH I would have discovered the key in a mere microsecond after my epiphany because...it.was.not.where.it.belonged. Again, I'll say it: Thank goodness for the panty insert option of running shorts, kind of like your favorite baseball mit. See how I creatively dart around the one sentence I could have just provided you all to actually say what really happened with the key up my crotch today. Oh but it was so blog worthy and I got to link you to one of my favorite children's authors in the process.

2 comments:

Cycle Mama said...

See now...why do you need to hear about my adventures crewing RAAM when you have exciting things like keys in your crotch? Ponder that. ;)

CraftyMama said...

Yeah my life is pretty exciting lately ;). When I have to blog about things like this you know I got it good...lol.