Thursday, December 14, 2006

Escape much?

I do. I have found myself lately (as I often do around this time of year) escaping into my crafts and creativity. It is almost tortuous. I stay up until 3am sometimes with such intensity and focus it isn't healthy, but it is what I sometimes need. Can I play my "mom of 3 card now?" Okay, thanks I will....here it goes...

Sometimes I just need something that I can have be quiet and not demanding my input 24/7. Sometimes I just need the illusion that I can still live in a semi-adult world with adult passion.
Sometimes I just need solitude.
Sometimes...well you have the idea now I just need to get my knit or glue or creativity on YO!

Wow how cathartic that is to just put it all out there like that. Am I gettin' my blog on or what? I hate that stupid word: Blog.

Oh yes I had a point, it is always buried in there somewhere. Last night I made 50 heavenly scented (of lavendar and orange) bean bags to sell at my dd's waldorf school and 8 tic-tac-toe felt travel pouches. I was so intensly busy with the creation I forgot to take pictures. Next time, next time...

3 comments:

Cycle Mama said...

I can totally relate to that...but replace it with cycling. I'm just so burned out on mommyhood sometimes...I NEED my escapes, my escapades...the illusion that I'm a person...unattached to three little bodies...if only for a few hours. It keeps me sane...or on the brink of sanity...you choose. ;)

I miss you, by the way.

Rita said...

I can't believe you started another craft. You are one creative Mama. Hope you're still scrapbooking. I'm going to start scrapbooking digitally in 2007. Will give you more information soon. It will definitely keep you up at night. I've completed 4 albums this year, and none of them were for me. Going digital will help me to keep up with my own, personal craft that is meant for me and my family. It's still a great escape..even if it's for someone else. I'm there with you until 3am. That's definitely my cut-off time. Get some rest during the holidays, though.

Anonymous said...

Nice pitures! I think we might have to start our own blog to chronicle our upcoming adventure(s). We're getting ready (mentally at least) to make some big decisions...

See you soon, all of you!